Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Deep in thought and a Panic attack

(First of all I haven't had a panic attack it's another Highborn build)

I've been thinking more about the Wood elf army book and looking through all the options and there is nothing in there that is under powered, overpriced or unusable, it's a great selection of troops and obviously some options stand out more than others, but they are all usable and I hope to try each one out in the future

And another nasty, shooty highborn. If you give him the Bow of Loren and startfire arrows, it means he shoots at the number of attacks he has (4 and +1 is you make him alter kindred, along with the M9) and the starfire arrows means that every wound that is caused the unit being shot at has to take a panic test, giving even the highest Ld units a struggle with making that many tests! He can just target any unit that has low toughness and not particulary good saves, as all it takes in one wound (I'm looking at you Josh's White Lions).

I am probably going to take this Lord choice at 3000 points as when against High elves (which is who I'm going to be up against most the time with my WFB), you can't rely on oppertune charging at high iniative to get the first attack (Speed of Asyuran means High elves always strike first) and with Wood Elves being such fragile units it's going to be tough doing any damage after they attack you, the 4+ ward save dance the War Dancers can do is going to be useful...

Peter

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's sneaky. Very elf-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally just toss the Arcane Bodkins with the Bow of Loren. Autolifting models is great especially when they are heavy calvary. I like using Starfire arrows myself, I generally put them on my BSB with the 10 point bow whenever I field her.

    ReplyDelete